Duties & Responsibilities
- Overall responsibility is to ensure that the training provided is in line with legal, SETA and company framework of objectives, standards and general best practice requirements.
- Sound financial management of training initiatives in line with budget and overall company strategic objectives
- Keep up with developments in the area of expertise by actively participating in any training offered
- Interacting with staff and line management to resolve training problems and to promote the establishment of new programs.
- Develop and continually update training procedures, manuals, guides and course materials to ensure that content of training material is at all times aligned with current SETA and legal requirements.
- Offer specific training programs to help employees maintain and improve job skills & competencies.
- Monitor, evaluate and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Responsible to ensure that the Facility achieves training facility & trade test accreditation.
- Ensure that all administrative work is carried out in respect of learning programmes, files, certificates, etc. in area of responsibility.
- Drive customer service excellence (build and develop strong, loyal relationships with internal and external customers, foster and maintain the dedication to service excellence in every aspect of work carried out; ensure timeous feedback/communication to customers, etc.).
- Overall responsibility to provide scheduled and ad-hoc reports as might be requested
- Drive operational innovation
Desired Experience & Qualification
N6/Diploma in Engineering: Fitter and Turner
Minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience post trade test
Accredited Facilitator, Assessor & Moderator with the National Artisan Moderation Body (NAMB)