COVID-19 cases in SA breach 400

COVID-19 cases in SA breach 400

The number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus in South Africa has now risen to 402.

The Health Department said there had been an increase of 128 cases from Sunday’s announcement.

It is also notable that the Northern Cape has its first confirmed cases.

The number of coronavirus cases in South Africa passed the 400-mark on 23 March 2020. Picture: EWN

The department said that President Cyril Ramaphosa would address the nation this evening on measures to be undertaken to mitigate the impact of COVID-19.

Gauteng had the highest number of cases with 207, followed by the Western Cape with 100 and KwaZulu-Natal with 60.

Latest confirmed cases of #COVID19 as at 23 March 2020 pic.twitter.com/ryb8WUvQv6— Dr Zweli Mkhize (@DrZweliMkhize) March 23, 2020

To track the latest developments around the coronavirus both in South Africa and abroad, click on this live status report from Strategix.

People may experience:

  • Runny nose
  • Sore throat
  • Cough
  • Fever
  • Difficulty breathing (severe cases)

Consult a doctor for medical adviceSource: World Health Organization

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *