Are you passionate about retail and service excellence?
Are you confident to manage a store and lead a team? We are looking for you to work as Retail Store Managers in MpumalangaGauteng/Free State/Limpopo and North West.
To ensure the efficient operation of the store and service excellence by leading and directing the store operations team in order to meet sales, profit and compliance targets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To ensure the achievement of the stores financial performance by driving and maximising sales, tracking daily targets, weekly and monthly sales plans and proactively taking appropriate action as required.
- To efficiently manage and control all operational activities of the store, including expenses, stock management, shrinkage, general housekeeping and administration.
- To successfully manage in-store execution of all visual merchandising, ensuring that in-store presentation and promotional standards are maintained and that the appearance of the store is in line with the company’s image.
- To ensure competent and motivated employees through effective leadership and management.
- To adequately schedule staff in line with the relevant labour model in order to ensure each department is fully and appropriately staffed.
- To ensure all administrative responsibilities are attended to in an efficient manner, including ensuring weekly time and attendance and employee records are complete and submitted to HR/payroll.
- To build and maintain sound working relationships with relevant stakeholders (centre managers, suppliers, DC’s) to ensure business objectives are achieved and opportunities are maximised.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. Grade 12 (Maths 50% and English 50%)
2. Diploma in retail / finance management will be advantageous, but is not an inherent requirement.
3. Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a store management role within a retail/FMCG store operations environment
4. Must be willing to relocate as and when required.
5. Must have a valid drivers licence.
Job Knowledge and Skills Required
Strong retail/FMCG background and understanding of merchandising and promotions principles
Knowledge of stock, cost, risk and compliance management procedures
Knowledge of Customer service excellence and strong customer orientation
Knowledge of labour legislation and IR practices
Sound managerial skills
Results and target driven
Planning and organising skills
Problem-solving and good communication skills
Good financial acumen
Leading and Supervising
Delivering Results and meeting Customer Expectations
Working with people
Coping with Pressures and Setbacks