Location: Durban, South Africa
Salary: R8,000 – R15,000 TCTC
Job Ref: AH00IT
Summary: Looking for an experienced and competent Ink Technician for a reputable company in Durban
- Must have strong communications skills and a working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Must have matric with math and science
- Adegree/diploma or higher is preferred
- Must have 5+ yrs experience in ink color matching, pressroom and work-off formulation with solvent and water inks.
- Narrow web experience is desired.
- Strong emphasis on the ability to identify, set and review quality standards for customers
- Weigh, blend, QC, and deliver in a productive, efficient, and safe manner press-ready inks to meet the demands of the customer’s production schedule.
- Set up and operate ink dispenser according to formulas
- Color match inks press side and using color computer
- Maintain inventory control standards and color files
- Troubleshoot inks press side and reduce in “work-off”
- Formulate and blend ink samples as requested
- Perform testing and QC checks on inks as needed and test ink for pH and viscosity
- Participate in customer problem solving and support customer relations
- Maintain a neat clean and safe work area
- Follow appropriate quality control and inspection process for inks to ensure quality to presses.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records including quality controlled finished ink getting out to press, to meet production dates per customer’s schedule, ink adjustments at press, the level of totes and drums on the dispenser and complaints as directed by the supervisor. Assist with job scheduling and ink estimations for jobs going to press.
- Assist with maintaining the work off ink process by regulating use and storage.
- Assist in the ordering process by reviewing the long term schedule to predict ink usage and identify any special orders (solvent inks, blends, and coatings).
- Make sure that the office, equipment and floors are cleaned and properly maintained up to the standards the supervisor has put into place.
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor. Review quality of product delivered to customer for conformance vs. specification.
- Review raw materials and suitability of finished matches on press.
- Review suitability of press returns ink for recycle.
- Perform ink estimating for jobs going to press.
- Carrying out analytical measurements on samples, coordinating with production for internal and external customers
- Exposure to ink and varnish formulating flexo solvent and waterbase gravure solvent and waterbase uv flexo and uv litho inks’ oil based litho etc.…