Front office reception
Location: Capetown, South Africa
Salary: Market Related
Recruiter: Skilltrak (Pty) Ltd
Job Ref: CPT000013/Mel
Summary: 4 Star Hotel based in the Cape Town CBD area requires an experienced Front Office Receptionist
Scope and General Purpose:
To increase customer satisfaction by providing efficient, prompt, trouble free and courteous Front Office service connected with arriving, departing and in-house guests.
Front Office Manager
Key performance areas/duties:
- Is available to register, process, and greet customers promptly.
- Checks the daily arrival list.
- Welcomes customers to the property.
- Responds to customer requests for information about the property and its surroundings.
- Arranges for special services requested by the customer.
- Stays current with developments in the property by reviewing the communication log book each shift; updates log book for next shift.
- Arranges fulfillment of customer services by working and communicating with Front Office, Maintenance and Housekeeping.
- Issues appropriate keys to rooms.
- Follows-up and verifies arrivals by updating registration cards regarding spelling of guest’s name, address and method of payment.
- Handles reservations for guests with rental cars, restaurants, etc.
- Is aware, always, of current room status and room availability.
- Is fully aware of, and knows how to handle, all current and future company promotions.
- Minimizes loss of revenue by adhering to all established credit procedures.
- Insures all guests establish credit upon check-in.
- Monitors customer accounts to insure adherence to company credit limits by completing high balance reports and verifies accuracy of registration information.
- Receives proper approval codes for cash and credit card paying customers.
- Identifies and records special billing instructions and notifies Accounts department and FOM.
- Completes shift closing accurately by getting appropriate approval signatures.
- Communicates effectively with guests, colleagues, and Managers.
- Demonstrates teamwork by co-operating and assisting colleagues as needed.
- Handles difficult situations effectively.
- Communicates open and closed dates, availability and condition of rooms to the FOM.
- Ensures that guest mail and messages are delivered promptly.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of all services and facilities of the property, and effectively assists the costumers.
- Handles and respond efficiently to negative comments and complaints; and notifies FOM immediately for appropriate follow-up.
- Is fully conversant with the company reservation system.
- Can operate telephone, telefax, credit card machines and printers and other Front Office equipment.
- Rooming is done to the set standard.
- Collect business cards from guests on arrival.
- Ensures that FO float is always secure.
- Ensures all discrepancies in own cash are declared to the FOM and Controller.
- Ensures that guest details are not disclosed.
- Maintains high confidentiality regarding guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behavior of guests and staff to the Front Office Manager, and Management.
- Notifies FOM and Housekeeping regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the company’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Supports a safe property by applying company regulations and adhering to existing laws and regulations.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the FOM.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Attends meetings and training required by the FOM.
- Accepts flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to guests.
- Maintains own working area, and materials clean, tidy and in good shape; reports defective materials and equipment to the FOM.
- Continuously seeks to endeavor professionalism in own job function.